TUG is a procedural generated multiplayer sandbox role playing game. It uses new technology and social sciences to involve players in shaping the game’s design as they play. The world around you is defined by what you do. The game is built with a voxel based engine but its not as blocky as many of the other voxel games that we see. The reason for this is that they modified the voxels to add contouring to make rolling landscapes. Nerd Kingdom, the developers is, have also made the game easily mod-able for user generated content to be developed.
In the world of TUG you start out as a child named Asied that grows and develops by what you discover and the actions you take. Take a look below for more information about what TUG has to offer.
The project draws inspiration from fun, accessible games we love such as Minecraft, Fable, Animal Crossing, and Zelda, as well as games that feature deeply complex worlds, including Eve Online, Monster Hunter, and Dwarf Fortress.
What do we think you’ll like about TUG? Some of the things we’re most excited about include:
- Integrated modding support: we won’t just have support for modding tools hooked in from the beginning — we’ll be sharing our tools with modders.
- Pets and Companions will join you in your travels and help along the way.
- Entire Civilizations lie hidden for you to uncover… or create new ones to conquer the world!
- Day, Night, and Seasonal Cycles with perils and opportunities unique to each.
- Exotic Wild Beasts to tame, hunt, breed, or ride!
- Logic Engineering, from simple trap triggers to reprogramming your golem!
- Dark Mysteries to unearth, and ancient powers to unleash!
- DRM-Free. That includes the servers, which we’ll also be sharing with you.
The Kickstarter has about 5 days to go and they still have yet to meet their goal. To get in the beta you will have to drop $30 or more to back the project. If this game peaks your interest as it did mine then head over to the Kickstarter page and support it.
[ SOURCE: Nerd Kingdom ]